Agile Project Manager
Salsita is a software development consultancy headquartered in Prague with a second office in Ostrava. We specialize in high-end web and mobile app development (React, React Native, NodeJS). The clients we have been working for lately include not just innovative startups like HelloSign and Namaste Technologies, but also blue-chip names like SAP, eBay and Samsung.
Most of our 75 employees and contractors have engineering degrees. We try to keep a small company spirit and work in beautiful, quiet offices in the city center. We do not believe in large open space offices (but we do believe you should be able to open your windows).
We embrace innovation and are constantly looking out for cutting-edge technologies. Our projects start at 3 months and typically last a year or two. You will be in charge of 2-3 projects with 3-8 full-stack developers, UI/UX and QA automation engineers.
In Salsita, we believe in the Agile approach (Kanban, Scrum), which we adapt as needed to fit our clients' needs. Our projects are high-quality, challenging and healthy, with mandatory manual and automated testing, code reviews and weekly sync calls with clients.
You will serve as the primary point of contact for your clients and help them to formulate their product requirements, while keeping our JIRA boards groomed and up-to-date. You will help to solve challenges faced in designing the application user experience and technical architecture alongside our world-class engineers. A product-oriented mindset and previous experience in managing skilled software development teams are big plusses.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our team as Project Manager. We expect you to have 3+ years of experience in agile project or product management on software development projects, with proven results.
This role is a challenging one that requires a diverse range of skills:
- Client management: gain the trust of our clients and help them to clarify and express their requirements. Keep track of budgets and negotiate costs and deadlines.
- Agile project management: ensure that the team is working efficiently towards its goal and that we produce regular high-quality releases. Encourage collaboration, foster team spirit, delegate work and evaluate performance. Run regular retrospectives and streamline processes accordingly..
- Problem-solving: anticipate potential problems and proactively seek solutions. Having backup plans can mitigate risk and prevent costly delays.
- Technical sophistication: Salsita engineers are smart, experienced and opinionated; understanding their mindset and the tools is a major advantage in collaborating and communicating within our team.
- Clear communication: strong communication skills (oral and written) are crucial. You may be called on to give presentations in front of internal and external audiences. Excellent spoken and written English is required. Czech is a plus.
- Slack, G-Suite, JIRA and Confluence, Forecast, Timesheet, Github
As one of a small team of project managers, you will become a key member of company management with a significant voice in short- and long-term strategy. You will work with a range of international clients in Europe and North America and enjoy considerable autonomy to manage projects as you see fit.
Other benefits include:
- Company dinners and beer or wine tastings each month.
- Piano/guitar lessons.
- Language courses (English, German, Spanish, Czech).
- Weekly Brown Bags with interesting lectures by team members.
- 45,000 Kc initial hardware budget.
- Flexible working hours with home office once a week if desired.
- Fully stocked kitchen (daily fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, UGO juices, healthy snack bars, wide selection of tea and coffee machines all over the place).
- Chillout room with a piano, guitar, pull-up bar, foosball and ping-pong.
- Multisport card, meal vouchers, 5 weeks of paid holidays and much more.
Working with Salsita developers is a truly amazing experience, as only the best make it through our grueling four-hour interview process. As our other project managers say: “At Salsita, you only need to say things once."
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed Salsita to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of Salsita only.
We reserve the rights to only contact candidates who have been selected to the first rounds of interviews. If you don't hear from us within the next two weeks, this means your application has not been successful.